Size: 50 ml
Shades Available: No 3, No 4, No 5 & No 6
Features & Benefits:
- Chrono-blend technology
The neutral zone
A balanced blend of coloring agents, selected and mixed for color results that are neither too warm nor too cool, but remain in the neutral zone.
Ultra natural coverage
Unlike demi-permanent and permanent haircolor, Cover 5' does not entirely mask white hair, but gives a harmonious blend between a client's white hair and their natural hair color for a more natural result.
Enriched with Incell™
Patented by L'Oréal Professionnel, Incell™ is designed to strengthen and reinforce the hair's natural defenses while sealing the cuticle.
Results in tune with men
Designed to work with men's salon visiting patterns (every 4-6 weeks) for a natural result, with no unwanted warmth or visible line of regrowth.
- Cover 5' is mixed in a 1:1 ratio with 20-volume (6%) Majicrème. [i.e. ¾ oz. Cover 5': ¾ oz. Majicrème 20-volume (6%) developer] Do not use with greater than 20-volume developer (6%). Use only the proportions indicated.
- Mix in an applicator bottle until fully blended.
- Wear suitable, disposable gloves
- Do not use with metal tools (clips, comb, etc.)
- Apply to dry unwashed hair. (If the client has styling product or residue in the hair, lightly shampoo and gently dry.)
1st application (virgin hair)
- Section hair into 4 quadrants and apply Cover 5' starting in the back. Apply in the crown area first proceeding toward the nape. Apply through the scalp area, mid-lengths and ends. When application is complete in the back section, proceed to the front 2 quadrants and apply in the same manner.
- Apply quickly and precisely.
Subsequent Applications (retouch)
- Short Hair: Follow the same directions as a 1st application (virgin hair)
- Long Hair: Follow the same directions as a 1st application (virgin hair), starting with the re-growth area before proceeding to the mid-lengths and ends.
- 5 minutes
- Rinse hair well after the processing time.
- Rinse and shampoo with L'Oréal Professionnel Post Color Shampoo.
- Dry and style.
- Men tend to be shy about coloring their hair. When speaking to your clients about Cover 5', refer to Cover 5' as a grey blending service rather than a haircolor.
- Cover 5' is not recommended for clients with over 50% white hair.
- If your client is new to haircolor, use one level lighter than your target result; the results could appear too dark for a man who has not previously or recently experienced haircolor.
- Cover 5' is only recommended to be used with Majicrème 20-volume (6%). The use of 20-volume developer provides Cover 5' with its quick 5 minute processing time. Using another developer may compromise your client's results.
- Apply quickly and precisely due to the 5 minute timing.
- An applicator bottle is recommended due to the liquid consistency/texture.
- When using Cover 5', it is important to respect the recommended 5 minute processing time. Processing Cover 5' for longer than 5 minutes may result in darker than expected results and may also create a visible line of regrowth.
- Do not use Cover 5' over compound henna. If your client has previously colored hair, it is important to conduct a proper consultation. When in doubt, either perform a strand test or recommend your client wait until the existing color has been cut out.
- L'Oréal Professionnel does not recommend that Cover 5' be used for facial or body hair.